We collect furniture and household goods donations on the 1st Saturday of each month from 10am to 12 noon at South Street Self Storage — 39-A South Street in Danbury — See list below for items we need and how to get them to us
When a homeless person gets a room or apartment, often he/she moves in with only the clothes on their back. One of the important services provided by OTS is to supply them with a complete set of furniture and household items. Most people coming off the streets move into rooms or small apartments. There is very limited space, and they have basic needs. Below is a list of items we are currently accepting. Items we really need are in italics.
We know how much everyone wants to contribute and we are so grateful but if you have items that are not on this list please find another home for them (some ideas are below our list). The key to the success of Off The Streets is that we keep it simple! And thank you for making sure any electronic items are working.
This list changes frequently and is kept up to date, so please check periodically if you have items to donate:
- Kitchen Tables (w/chairs)
- Twin, Full and Queen Mattresses and Box Springs — stain free
- Metal bed frames
- Recliners and easy chairs— no loveseats or sofas please
- Floor and Table Lamps
- End Tables and Nightstands
- Flat screen TV’s and DVD players
- Air conditioners and fans
- Toaster Ovens
- Mr Coffee type Coffeemakers— no percolators please
- Cooking accessories — spatulas, large spoons, can openers
- Drinking glasses
- Twin/Full/Queen Blankets — please launder before donating
- Twin/Full/Queen Sheets — please launder before donating
- Bathroom Towels and Washcloths
If you have questions about furniture donations than please contact Mike at email@example.com. You can also text mike at 203 249 3586.
If you have questions about household goods donation than please contact Jane at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we are not able to pick up any furniture donations at this time .
If you are not able to donate through Off The Streets, we recommend:
- https://pickupplease.org — donations support veterans
- Salvation Army — 1-800-SA- TRUCK (1-800-728-7825) or https://satruck.org/
- Housatonic Habitat for Humanity ReStore — https://housatonichabitat.org/restore/
- College Hunks — https://www.collegehunkshaulingjunk.com/danbury/— They charge a fee but donate the furniture they collect to Off The Streets and other nonprofits